Update On Job Situation

October 4, 2018

Hey y'all, it's me!

A few weeks ago I told you about the Redneck being approached by a big company to go to work for them, which would require us to relocate to New Hampshire. I have been asking that people pray for wisdom about this.

I finally came to terms with the fact that I may have to leave my beloved state of Texas and move to New Hampshire. I may not like the idea, but I accept it, because I know the Lord always has good things planned for me--it says so in His Word:

Jeremiah 29:11-13 New International Version (NIV)

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Also, several years ago, I felt Him give me a scripture from Deuteronomy 2:3, which says,

"You have gone around this mountain long enough, head north."

I could take this verse a couple of ways. Either He was telling me to stop mucking about with a situation and get on with more important things (which made sense at the time), or He was starting to prepare me for a big change at THIS time by giving me a little hint back then.

I also know that I am adaptable to change. I have done it all my life, so another change is no big deal. I make friends easily, and I know how to research an area before I move there, so I'm not floundering around trying to find the library, shops, churches, and so forth.

I am supportive of the Redneck, and if he honestly feels this is where the Lord is leading us, I will submit to his headship, and I will joyfully pack up and head north.

I have two plans of action, one for staying here, one for going. All I need is for God to tell us Go or No.

There are projects here that I want to do, but there' no sense in beginning any of them unless we are staying. There are phone calls and emails to send to begin the moving process, but until I know if we are leaving, they will be a waste of time and energy.

This week, the Redneck flew up for an in person interview. He came home, and now we are doing more research into how to proceed. One of the things preventing him from saying yes is the housing situation. We would need to find a place within our budget that will meet our needs, plus we need to sell this house. We had come to the conclusion that housing would be an obstacle. However, we suddenly have Realtors coming out of the woodwork to help us. 

We will have to find homes for several animals, because transporting 6 dogs (one over 20 years old), 4 cats, and 4 horses 2,000 miles would be a nightmare, just from the vet paperwork alone. There is a woman who is willing to take two of our dogs, plus another woman who would love two of our cats for her barn. The Redneck's 'princess' would have a good home with another family. My biggest concern is for my rescue horse, Bandy. He's a half blind gelding, and he is only a 'pasture ornament'. Found out there is another rescue that would be happy to take the old boy and give him a good home, at least until I could arrange to bring him to the new home.

There are a lot of potential obstacles, and a lot of potential solutions. So my update is basically...

We're still in limbo.

See, this is what's eating my lunch--we have been following down this path that had been laid out before us, seeking God's will in whatever happens. I gotta tell you, it's been frustrating, not because we are moving or staying, but because we can't get a clear answer for either.

You know the old saying, "When God closes a door He opens a window?"

I'm here to tell you "It's hell in the hall."

Well, I got chores. Later y'all.
© Evelyn Edgett 2018


  1. I'm sure it's all you can think about right now. Not knowing is a difficult time. We've done that several times in our lives ; some worked out, some didn't. Hopefully, you will know soon and you can have peace about which way to go!!

    1. I know this won't last forever, and that whatever is decided God will be with us. I just feel in my gut that we are staying put, but ya never know!


Post a Comment